Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I'll give you something to cry about...

This was a weird little show tonight.

What kind of crazy world is this where I like Haley and Sanjaya? Well, “like” is a strong word, but I was completely and utterly entertained by both of them! I also enjoyed Phil singing TOBACCO Road. I can’t stand a one of those three, but I was riveted nonetheless. Shocking. It wasn't really a quality issue - there was a train wreck component. But still...

And I was quite bored by Lakeshia and Gina who I usually really like. Although with Kiki, it was all song choice. Diamonds are forever, indeed. Gina was just too much.

DAMN! Jordin Sparks was spectacular. I am not entirely familiar with the song, but she sold the hell out of it and looked absolutely splendid doing it.

And I liked Chris R - of all people. Funniest description about him on TwoP “He's just so unfortunate. So...People's Court. He's like, maybe he has a baby in another state that he never gets to see, and sometimes when he's had a few beers he cries about it.”

Chris Sligh? I am off him. But he did sound great tonight. He is one where I feel better about how he sounds when I am not looking at him. Not the weight thing, but the pursiness of the lips. Ewwww… And I always feel like he is irritating. So I guess that, in fact, makes him irritating.

I don’t remember much about Stephanie. I don’t suppose that is any kind of good sign. And while I know in my head that Melinda was great, I just wasn’t that thrilled.

It’s a topsy-turvey world. I feel like crying all through the show. Like that little girl who is going to be completely mocked and beat-up when she gets back to her school. Now she was crying at the beginning of the show. She cried during Sanjaya (and they tried to make it look all Beatles-at-Shea-Stadium-y, but that doesn't work when it is the same girl over and over!) and then she cried over Melinda, and she cried all over the end! Good grief. Maybe her cat died today, maybe she has some issues. It isn't always about you IDOL! (Of course that has not kept me from creating the above photo-collage. It took a lot of time and several tools and it still looks like crap. But you'll look at it and like it because I worked hard.)

Brunie (with the refreshing sense of a job well done) OUT!

No comments: