Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Songs I love, songs I hate

Last night the kids sang some of my very favorite songs, and some of my least favorite. I used to love Donna Summer and danced away many a disco night to her hits. I thought Lakisha did a perfectly acceptable job with her song. I liked her outfit a lot - it was trendy and young! I think they are doing a very good job with plus-sized dressing this year, in spite of Lady C's comments.

Chris S. - I TOLD YOU NOT TO DANCE. He has no rhythm. None. He was so off beat on a really great Sting song. Dude, you are going down in every way except weight.

I love Stand by You. I love The Pretenders. And although I do not love Gina, I give her props for really improving.

I don't even know what to say about Sanjaya. If he was cool, the fauxhawk would have looked great. But he is a little teeny wussy boy who cannot cut loose and go for it. Dude, everyone in the world knows you are a rotten singer. Can't you just be a free-wheeling performer? No, too self conscious - too weak-voiced. Boo. Please go. Please.

Haley is not good enough to sing True Colors. I really love that song. I used to love a guy for whom the song was utterly perfect. Haley's hand gestures are so freakin' annoying! That stop and pull back move she does makes me nuts! She is not worthy to dye Cindy Lauper's hair.

I hate that Every Step You Take song aka the stalker song. When I first heard it like 20 years ago it was fine, but then MTV played that video with Sting and the candles every 20 minutes for 6 months. Now I just can't stand it. Phil's voice sounded good, but he sang every single note exactly like the original - hence without any originality. He has improved with time, but I still don't like him.

Melinda sounds great as usual. If her dress had a V-neck it would have been a smashing outfit. The leggings looked great on her slim legs, and her shorter hair shows us that she really does have a neck.

I hate The Cure (they whine whine whine) but I love Blake. He is cool and interesting.

I love Hey Baby, by No Doubt. Great song and Jordin did very well with it in spite of not having a band, which the song really needs.

As much as I love Gwen Stefani , I really hate their first big hit, Don't Speak. It always sounded so old-fashioned to me. Hate the song, love the Chris. He has an indefinable something that makes him cool, but in a different way than Blake. He just stands there barely moving , but like he could break out into the most awesome dance moves at any second. He looks so totally alive and slammin'!

I think Gwen Stefani is beautiful and her clothes are hot. She did seem underwhelming as a teacher, though. I did like how she said she could take voice lessons from Kiki. True that. Gwen's a great performer and vocalist, which is different from being a great singer.

I have almost given up hope that Sanjaya (or Sangina as he has been called) will ever go. Maybe that means he will. Please, oh please, oh please.

Love & Kisses,
Mrs. Cynicletary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to comment on the dismissal of C. Sligh and the viability of Mr. Mohawk.... where are the up-to-date postings, Oh great and wise Women of Oz????