Wednesday, March 21, 2007

They're learning...

Now that was a pretty good show! Like Brunie, I must say that I did not hate Sanjaya and Phil and Haley as much as usual. I do still hate them though. Haley is still just like a beauty pageant contestant, except this time more Pussycat Doll than Miss America. Sanjaya was just AWFUL, but I hated him less for some reason. Maybe because he sang louder than a whisper, but the Kinks who are still alive must be mor-ti-fied!Phil was OK, not great, not terrible, but I still don't like him, and I think he will leave within 2-3 weeks. And did he like drool on his shirt, or spill come coke product before he sang? What was that splatter all over the front of him? Maybe he hugged that crying little girl at rehearsal.

As usual, I liked Chris R. , but even more so last night. His voice is pure and it was lovely to see him mostly just stand there and sing well.

Stefanie was kinda off this week. The song was too low for her and it was just boring, really. Too bad - she is talented.

Blake was fantastic!!! I love that song! He looked super cool and hot simultaneously. GO Blake!He could release that song today and it would be a hit.

Kiki was just ok for me this week, dawg. I kept saying , "Sing You're my World, choose that song!" But she sang the diamonds song anyway. She's great, but she chose poorly.

Wow Jordyn - awesome! She stood and delivered. Best girl of the night!

Gina sounded bad. She was flat for almost the whole song. As a rocker, she is inauthentic.

Chris Sligh sounded better this week, but Dude, NEVER DANCE. NEVER. And put the mike stand down when you get back to the stage, don't just hold on to it throughout the ending of the song! It was good to hear another great Zombie's song, like the one Blake sang. I bet more than a few folks download some old Zombies hits today.

I like Melinda's new hairdo. And she wore a flattering low v-neck shirt with jeans. She looked younger and I think I saw her neck for the first time. I didn't love the song, but her voice is perfect.

All in all a rockin' good show. I thought that Peter Noones and especially Lulu really helped the kids. This is the part of the competition that I really like - when the professional instruction really starts to show, especially with the less-experienced singers. I love to see the progress the kids make as they get used to the big stage and really learn the craft of singing.

And I think that crying little girl will not be beat up as Brunie contests, but will be a little damp hero at her school for getting a hug from each Idol contestant, and for getting like $2 million worth of air time for herself.

Maybe Sanjaya will go because Simon tried hard not to say anything about him at all. If not him, I would be happy to say good bye to Haley or Phil or Gina.

Love & kisses,
Mrs. Cynicletary

No comments: